This is the perfect “feel-good” smoothie. Creamy, sweet with a hint of tang. Smoothies can be so difficult, but get the right mixture and they are perfection! This is the perfect energy boosting smoothie as we all escape the lingering cold season! Total Time 5 minutes Makes 1 Smoothie
- 2 medium-sized peaches (pitted and quartered)
- 1-2 TBSP minced ginger (Use twice as much if you feel like you might have a cold or are getting over a cold.
- 1 Orange (peeled)
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 cup milk of your choice (I use Almond Milk)
- 1 cup ice (add more if you’d like a thicker smoothie)
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 scoop of S’moo
- Place all ingredients in a blender (except ice).
- Blend until a smooth and thicken with ice until thickness is achieved.
- Add more milk as needed to thin out smoothie if desired.
What is this good for me?
Peaches have a good amount of vitamin C!
Oranges also give you vitamin C but they also contain fiber, potassium and choline. They support a healthy immune system and lower cholesterol.
Ginger helps with digestion, reduces nausea and help fight the flu and common cold.
Flaxseed has omega-3 fatty acid ALA, lignans and fiber, all of which have been shown to have many potential health benefits!
Overall this is a great smoothie to start your day with or to give you an evening boost of energy!