It took some experimenting but I created these awesome Gluten Free, Low-sugar Cake Bites to celebrate the relaunch of S’moo Cake Batter! That’s right, you ladies loved it so much that we are bringing it back for good.
These awesome cake bites don’t require any special tools, they are easy to make and the recipe has clean ingredients, but still eat these delicious bites in moderation 🙂
Cake Prep 10 minutes – Cook time 30 minutes
- 1 cup any flavor greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups Almond Flour
(mix after cake is baked and cool):
- 3 scoops of Cake Batter S’moo
- 1/3 cup yogurt
Hard chocolate coating
- 1/2 cup White chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees for an 8 inch cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together and mix well. Making this for a fun girls day? Optional: add 3 drops of pink food coloring.
3. After you’ve baked the cake, allow it to cool. Then using your clean hands, mash the cake.
4. Mix together a 1/3 cup yogurt with 3 scoops of Cake Batter S’moo and mix together until smooth, this should make a stiff frosting consistency.
5. Mix your S’moo/Yogurt into the mashed cake, blend it around with your hands until it is evenly dispersed. The take a large spoonful of the mixture into your hand and roll it into a ball. This should make 9 cake balls.
6. Place your cake balls in the freezer while you prepare your white chocolate. 7. Put your white chocolate in a microwave safe container and slowly melt/stir until completely smooth. 8. Place each chilled cake bite into the melted white chocolate, evenly coating it before placing it back on a non-stick surface.
9. Store in refrigerator and enjoy 3 bites for one serving of S’moo
Why is this cake better for me than a box cake?
It can be hard to put in the extra work to make something from scratch but this is an easy and quick cake with clean ingredients. Processed foods contain preservatives that are essential for prolonged shelf life. The average cake box mix in grocery stores today has preservatives like propylene glycol, which is also used in e-cigarettes and antifreeze!
Using yogurt and maple syrup instead of sugar, having quality flours and coconut oil instead of vegetable oil all make a difference to your body.
Coconut Oil: Not only is this a healthy alternative to vegetable oil, it is also good for you. Coconut oil can provide energy to your body and brain and is absorbed quickly. Coconut oil also is made up of about 50% lauric acid which is a substance that kills harmful pathogens like bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Maple Syrup: sometimes sweet things don’t seem like they could be good for us, however maple syrup has some great health benefits. It is known to help fight inflammatory diseases and it contains numerous antioxidants. It is a source of calcium, zinc, magnesium and potassium. It is a great natural sweeter for cooking. However it still isn’t that good for you, it’s still a sugar, so use in moderation.
Yogurt: Oh we have a whole blog on the benefits of yogurt! Check it out here. The best thing to keep in mind is it is full of calcium, vitamins & protein. It helps with your digestive health and builds your immune system.
S’moo: all in one Hormone Balancing Supplement. Made to help women with hormonal imbalances such as PCOS, PMS, Endometriosis, Menopause and more to balance their hormones and feel like their best selves again! Just one scoop a day is all you need.